Piccadilly Group is working with a growing number of the world’s leading financial services firms based on our ability to deliver the skills, capability and expertise that cannot be found in the ‘Big Four’ or in the large outsourcing market.
We understand the impact of technology change to your business. Our extensive domain expertise and unparalleled testing know-how provides us with the means to enable the successful delivery of even the most complex technology change.
In our experience traditional testing often falls short of ‘verifying’ and ‘validating’ business-focused quality attributes, which are fundamental to the success and accuracy of new software.
Examples of some of our on-going and recent projects include:
- Optimising a third-party delivered testing service resulting in a 20% reduction in annual testing related spend from £55m to £45m for a global tier-1 investment bank
- Project management and technical test support for a test automation optimisation programme; automating functional regression testing for 150+ applications including mission-critical trading, payments and finance platforms at a global tier-1 investment bank
- Managing and executing the technical testing (functional test automation and performance testing) for a leading clearing house
- Managing all functional and non-functional testing for a $1bn refresh of the end-to-end payments platform for a leading global card issuer
- Managing all functional and non-functional testing for major core banking platform implementations (including a leading retail and two challenger banks)
- Managing and executing the functional and non-functional testing for a bank-wide SOA-transformation initiative
- Driving the enterprise-wide improvement initiative for a leading global insurer to drive more efficient, effective and repeatable testing, improve confidence in IT delivery and reduce the total cost of IT ownership
Specialising in financial services, Piccadilly Group has the domain knowledge and expertise to bridge the gap between technology and business and help address the many challenges that arise in today’s complex delivery landscape.
Strategic Test Consulting
Identifying and implementing best-fit test practices to meet the strategic needs of your organisation.
- We are able to support any test programme of work, from initiation through to adoption, including:
- Assessment and transformation of established test processes
- Test strategy development and test team mobilisation
- Verification and validation approach to encourage earlier identification and resolution of defects (prevention versus detection)
- Test governance and implementation of testing standards
- Test tool evaluation and optimisation
- Management of test vendors to optimise test delivery and drive efficiency
- Our cradle-to-grave test methodology will enable your firm to meet its strategic test objectives
- Our solution set is derived from industry standards (ISO/IEC 29119) as well as our own specialist expertise and deep domain knowledge
Managing test delivery through to successful outcomes.
- Our test management services cover the full test lifecycle:
- Test planning through to test completion
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Management of test execution being conducted by generalist third-party providers
- Our experience of operating in complex test landscapes means we are able to work with all necessary parties, from design and build teams to third-party product and test providers
- We are well-versed in taking over failing test programmes to contain slippage and minimise overspend
- Our unique place at the heart of the delivery organisation enables us to accelerate test delivery, reduce risk and cost, and improve test accuracy and coverage
- Our test methodology includes 100+ pre-defined test assets and 50+ ISO-aligned artefacts